All entries shall be mailed/submitted to the Secretary. Deadline for submission of candidates is on or before the first meeting in May of current year. This will allow time for the President to appoint the Jr. Firefighter of the Year Committee at the first Executive Committee meeting in May. No entries can be accepted after this date.
GUIDELINES FOR THE “JUNIOR FIREFIGHTER OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Person selected must have shown OUTSTANDING SERVICE to one or more of the following groups:
- Individual Fire or Rescue Squad Department
- Parent Company Allegany-Garrett Counties Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association
OUTSTANDING SERVICE CAN BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING LINES.*
- Public Relations
- General Leadership in the individual department.
- Development of new or more efficient effort of operations.
- Outstanding cooperation and performance of the general duties required of all Jr. Firefighters.
- Service reported shall be for the previous year only.
- Each award shall be presented to the award recipient by a member of the recipient’s company if at all possible.
*Fire Prevention has been omitted since the Fire Prevention Committee makes a special Fire Prevention Award, which is the James E. Lamberson Memorial Fire Prevention Award.
An officer of the department must sign all entries. The winner of the award will be announced at the Convention of the Allegany-Garrett Counties Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association on the first Saturday in June of the current year, and held at a designated location as voted on by the membership.
Note: Jr. Firefighter of the Year award committee shall consist of three (3) or five (5) members; and shall be from the fire service.