- Applicants may apply for scholarship assistance in the following areas: as listed under minimum requirements
- Towards any associate or bachelor’s degree
- Must be accredited college or university within the United States.
- This scholarship is paid directly to the educational institution for the purposes of tuition and fees. At no time will this scholarship be awarded directly to the student or third party for cash or payment.
- Application must be received by May 15th to be considered for scholarship assistance for the ensuing academic year.
- Applications are available via download from the Association Web Site: www.agcvfra.net
- All applicants must enter full time or part time status as a student in his or her respective College or University to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Verified acceptance by the respective College or University with confirmation of approved program acceptance will be a prerequisite for receipt of a scholarship.
- The awarded scholarship will be made available to the finance office of the College or University specified in the application at the beginning of the academic year or designated semesters.
- Funds not used for tuition or fees are to be returned to the academic institution at the end of the academic year.
- Applicants are required to advise the committee of any other grants or scholarships that have been awarded or for which the applicant is eligible at the time the application is submitted. The respective campus finance officer will be asked to review each application for scholarship assistance.
- All applicants must be Maryland State High School graduates or hold a GED.
- Verification of active volunteer service in a Maryland Fire, EMS Company/Department or hospital required.
- Applications submitted without all supporting documentation are subject to rejection and will not be reviewed by the selection committee. It is the responsibility of the applicant, not the committee, to ensure that parties entrusted with submitting supporting documentation follow through by the appointed deadlines.
- In an effort to conserve funds and to give our younger persons the opportunity for a college experience, committee policy is to deny scholarship support to those applicants currently holding a Bachelor or equivalent degree.
- All current college students who apply for scholarship must maintain at least 9 credit hours when applying, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- The number of applicants accepted and the amount of each scholarship awarded will be dependent upon existing funding. However, it is expected that the committee will award two scholarships per year; one scholarship being awarded in Allegany County and the other in Garrett County, each being awarded $500.00 per semester.
Points of Contact:
- Rodney Bowser: 301-746-5576
- Jonathan Dayton: 301-723-0199
- Barbara Knippenburg: 301-463-6114